Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

I totally agree with you....The G70 is simply unbeatable...and for what we can pick up G70's for...talk about "bang for the buck"...There is no better deal...

I could never figure out why folks dismissed the G70 so quickly...and lose money on it too....

Side by side ..The G70 is considerably the better keyboard over the E80...Keys, range, and to me the G70 sounds better...(there is a difference)...The one thing the E80 does better than the G70...They reworked the GM table for SMF's...No tweaking is needed , where we automatically select the grand X and V drums on the G70..The E80 already covers the change with it's selected tones..

The E80 offers me just enough of a difference to keep me content and is the perfect back up too..

I too, can wait till Roland releases the new top model...and yes I know it is coming and have insight why they are delaying the launch..

I totally agree with you both. If it wasn't for my issues with the Touch Screen and having to use it to edit items to get favorites setup, this board would have been a definite keeper for me. The sounds and playability is absolutely fantastic. I'm going to miss those Roland Sounds. If I had someone on the books to just program things for me (as some other blind musicians seem to do when they get to the top), Diki and I both agreed this would have been a perfect live rig for me.

I really wanted to try it; I did - even though I had to buy one first; I took a bit of a loss, but it was worth it. I'm really missing it already.

I now am goint a different route and moving away from the arrangers for now. I'll still be monitoring the news and topics around here just to keep up.

Best
Vince