Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Where the f#@k did that come from!!! I never said anything of the sort!!!

I guess the general spirit of 'lightening up' hasn't made it to Oz yet...

All I'm getting at, Dennis, is there is FAR more to linking two arrangers together than one of them having an NTA track. How do you deal with filtering PC#'s coming from the master (that might change styles, or patches, etc.)? How do you deal with triggering variations and fills, intros, endings, etc.?

I am curious... do you, at this point, actually run two arrangers from one keyboard yet? Or is it something that you would like to do, but haven't tried, yet? I have to confess, I've tried this in the past, and it's a total PITA. Even if you can get the NTA track to work, you still have to reach over to the secondary arranger for all Variation operations, sometimes they don't start together, or stop together, and you often need a computer between the two just to filter out controllers or PC#'s that do weird things to the styles...

All I was trying to point out is that an NTA track, by itself, isn't really all that useful. As to the GW8-L's lack of style editing, I have commented at length about that... The only way to edit styles is to turn them into SMF's, edit those, and turn back into styles. A terrible system, IMO. But, as I also said, for the VERY light price of the GW8, you get FAR more ROM than many similar priced arrangers with better MIDI implementations and onboard style header editing. I was just pointing out, at the low end of the price scale, it's all about compromise...

The main problem exists that each manufacturer implements arranger to arranger control (if they implement it at all) in a totally different fashion, and that most of the codes are hardwired. We need a Standard Arranger Code that would allow exactly what you want without the either major roadblocks for variation triggering, or current ultra basic NTA only transmission.

So.... which two arrangers have you linked together so far? I'd love to hear how well it worked for you.