I'm not going to give the Di the edge either. One's a budget performance synth and the other is a budget performance arranger. Major difference between the two though is the Di's software editor. Reports are saying the Di's sound set is based on the Fantom G.

Personally.., I'm with you on one thing Diki. I think the Di's gonna sound very "SoniCellish"... Not only that the software editor (at least the pics that have been shown for the Di's editor) Look almost (if not identical) to the SonicCell. The Di's software adds more editable parameters too. For example. The Di's panel is set like the Juno-D in that you get two tones/osc per patch. With the software editor it's bumped up to 4 tones/osc per patch. The LFO section in the software is VERY detailed too. Not too mention that using the software gives you access to a 3rd MFX. The keyboard itself gives you two MFX per patch/perform.., and the software editor adds an additional MFX. The editor is pretty impressive.

I gotta give it to Roland though. They're dropping budget keyboards with 128 note poly! The Di also has that Vocoder (along with the mic settings for singing). I know I'll be using that Vocoder

I'll wait until I get it.., then I'll check with members here to see if anyone's interested in seeing a review for it. Wish I had a GW-8L to do a side by side too.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.