It would be interesting to compare the GW8-L's patch list and the JunoDi to see what's onboard. Thing that strikes me is that the expansion for the GW8 has as much ROM as the basic soundset... Looks like at least 1000 patches altogether, you might possibly be getting more ROM for your money with a GW8-L.

Given the layout (very similar) and look (ditto), I've got a sneaky suspicion that BOTH these products are based on the Sonic Cell engine. Similar specs polyphony and effects for both, etc..

It's just that double sized ROM that looks like a winner to me. I'd really want to test both side by side before I'd be willing to say the JunoDi has an edge...

BTW, Dennis, I realize that operating both together as an integrated arranger is difficult. Mind you, just about ANY arranger is pretty hard to set up that way, these days. PLEASE, if this is of any interest to you all (linking two different arrangers, and having them work as one), contact your manufacturers, and pressure them to adopt standardized codes for NTA, variation and fill selection, breaks, etc.. At present, even if the codes exist, they are all different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hardly 'General MIDI' in any sense of the words!