My personal belief is that the number of songs would remain at 3 or maybe possibly expand to no more than 5, of which the 2 remaining should NOT be "standards".

Anything less than 3 (again, in my opinion) uneccessarily restricts the choice and maybe the number of players willing to try, and on the other hand, too many choices will equal a virtual jukebox, something like "pick any tune and post it".

I would love to see/hear more people participating, and think that the above will have a positive effect.

On the matter of "standards" (of which I don't know or ever heard ANY before, because of my age and where I live)***, surely tha majority of the SZ family is American based and of a certain age (no pun intented, you all sound fresh), so naturally they tend to pick them. Someone at the start of the subject, mentioned that contemporary "pop" tunes of later decades (70s - 80s) should be included. I for one would love to hear some of them.

Thanks for listening.

*** Please post the original artist or at least a representative cover artist for any song included in the proposed list, so us uneducated can find what the "example" song should sound like.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 07-27-2009).]