Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Yes I could have taken out the bongos or lowered the volume with in Roland's drum editing....

If it is important, I can re-do it..Let me know...

That it didn't bother you was surprising... it is a dull, boring, completely undynamic part, that MIGHT have worked better when played through one of the old Sound Canvas kits that had thinner sounds, but is far too 'in your face' here to work well, IMO...

Perhaps it MIGHT work better if you changed it to a cabasa sound and lowered it to where it just provides gentle rhythm, not this incessant hammering?

BTW, Fran, have you tried using multiple drumkits on SMF's in the G70? Pretty easy to setup, and then you can pick and chose which sounds use the old SC drum sounds, and which use the V-Kits... You simply have to copy the sound from one track and paste into the other, then delete the original (or blend together). A good way to stretch more mileage out of your SMF's.... (Oh, and don't forget to slide the cabasa or shaker tracks back [early] a few ticks to sit those new V-Kit shakers in the pocket - they are late if you are dead on the beat with the note).