Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Please don't misquote me, Bill, I did not say "barely adequate"...I said "adequate".

Look up the definition of the word...it is not an insult.

It means..."Enough to meet a purpose" or "About average; acceptable."

I did say that one system sounded "one dimensional", and I am staying with that opinion...mono is one dimensional...I have stated this many times on other threads about the single Bose, and so have many others.

On the other hand....

If you acknowledged that two Bose "very likely sound better", and you are happy with one L1 system, is it not to follow that you are not interested in sounding better?

No arrogance on my part...I'm just more interested than you are about sounding better.

Ian

I think everyone who's read this thread would interpret your comments similar to the way I have. Its not a stretch and to hide behind the argument "well, that's not what I said exactly" (NOTE: The previous phrase captured in quotations in this instance does not represent a traditional quote, but rather an opinion from this author and very likely many other readers of this thread...) is weak. Big time, weak...At least have the courage of your convictions...

I'm fine with working with reasonable inferences, and when I said the double system "very likely sounds better" (NOTE: The previous phrase captured in quotations in this instance DOES represent a traditional quote...) I meant that in the wider stereo field it produces. (See previous post...) I've also added that for most, the benefit from that exceeds what most Bose users would call the point of diminishing returns.

Ian-For the 2nd or 3rd or 4th time, I officially acknowledge the improved and larger stereo field with a double set up is just dandy.

I doubt seriously that the people in those stereo enhanced seats in your performances are saying to themselves...

"HOLY CRAP!!! Do you hear what I hear? Its stereo...honest to god stereo...wow, whoo-hoo!!!! and we didn't pay extra for these seats? Ya' gotta be kidding me...NO WAY, DUDE!!! Stereo? What could be better than that? Where's my Quadrophenia album? Where did this guy come from? Why isn't he a household name..."

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE HUMOROUS RIFF WAS MERELY MEANT TO PROVIDE LEVITY AND ENTERTAINMENT VALUE TO THE OTHER READERS OF THIS THREAD, WHO BY NOW ARE APPROACHING MIND-NUMBING LEVELS OF BOREDOM WITH BOTH OF US AND THIS TOPIC...IT IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO RIDICULE ANY PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD, OR DEAF...

Rock on, Ian...its all good....

------------------
Bill in Dayton