Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, mrdave.. If Ketron won't do that, how about sticking a quick demo of this up if you still have access to the Audya...

WHen I'll go to visit my friend at the music store I'll try to do some recording, last time I wasn't able to do that because the audya didn't recognize my USB pen, it was a 128K USB 1.1 pen and didn't get recognized, next time I'll go with a 2.0 2GB one...

BTW: Reasons that let me opt for PA2x:
1) Far more programmability (specially sounds, the possibility to program up to 16 oscillators per sound is really intriguing me...)
2) Better drawbars sounds (at least for my taste, I didn't like Ketron frawbars at all... sounded just like plain sine waves and if you play them over the 61-key range they wrap around COMPLETELY... i.e. if you play D7 key you get the same sound as D6 and if you play B1 key you get B2 sound)
3) One Touch Buttons for styles, I always liked that feature, to program 4 sounds related to the style you select. The Audya has Registrations, but I found them not so immediate.
4) Price. Paying 500+ euro more to get the only thing I liked on the audya (live drums on styles, the only thing I think renders the styles outstanding) was out of question.
5) I don't need 5 players, DJ loops, key tunes (even Pa2x however can do key tunes)...
6) RAM on the Pa2X is expandable to 256MB, while on the audya is fixed at 64MB.

Things of audya perhaps I will miss are very good audio drums on styles and very good fillins and breaks, pa2x has only 2 fills and 1 break, I hope Korg guys will improve this just as they added the 3rd ending on the pa1x when it had only two at first .