Now hold on a minute...!

All I have been talking about and criticizing is just the ONE issue, which, although not perfect, may still do the job. Not as well as we wish, maybe even not well enough to persuade some to abandon traditional arrangers... But at no time have I said that this thing a) isn't finished (in fact, I have stated that all the work mitigating the drop outs indicates that this IS how it is going to work), or b) that it isn't potentially still a great arranger.

All the conjecture about it being 'unfinished' is simply that. In fact, with units actually shipping, that seems highly unlikely. Sure, mrdave may have a beta unit to tryout, but you guys got to hear AJ IN PERSON at the Jam. He ever say for one minute that it was a beta unit? He say for one minute that finished units would sound or work better?

Let's step back a little before wild conjecture about it morphs into general accepted FACT (which it ain't!).

It impressed the hell out of everybody at Shreveport. Doesn't that count for SOMETHING?

All I have ever commented on is firstly, the general disadvantages of audio loop technology, and then the likelihood of Ketron being able to pull off the technological feat that has eluded most VSTi guitar loop collections. Unfortunately, the deliberately evasive (one can only assume that) 'answers' to my questions that AJ provided - he never would say the audio loops would play most chords, just that the Audya itself played them ALL - kind of propelled what was a simple inquiry into another realm.

But this ONE issue aside (I'm sorry, but USB2/1 issues wouldn't have been more than an offline inconvenience, IMO), what else about the Audya isn't satisfactory? The demos blew everyone away. The Jam debut blew most away. It's a jet. Maybe not a supersonic jet like we all expected, but a jet nonetheless.

Let's put it this way... I STILL haven't completely ruled it out as a possible purchase. Sure, I'm less enthusiastic now the loops have this glaring hole, but it didn't stop the demos from being outstanding. Let's simply stick to criticizing what we know about, and let wild speculation (all Audya's are beta units? PLEASE...!) die the death it deserves. There's MORE than enough info to make INFORMED criticism.