Quote:
Originally posted by kalimero:

As for the tactile sensation, it is not the same as tactile feedback, the first one gives You just information that You touched something, while feedback gives You information that You performed action. Of course, there are different kind of buttons, and lower quality ones are usually without feedback (using plastic foil instead of mechanic parts), but buttons with good mechanics gives You exact information wheather you performed action or not.

As for the reliability of touch-screens, I haven't use any on keyboard, but from expirience with other devices (PDA, notebook, mobile, POS terminal) I know for sure, that touch of the screen doesn't equals with performing action.

I think your problem with PDA's and the like is what is giving you this attitude, kalimero. If they operated 100% reliably, this wouldn't be an issue for you. Rest assured, the G70 screen simply WORKS. If I touch it, I need NO confirmation. It just works...

Once you get past this, you may have less trepidation approaching a touch screen on an arranger. Having admitted that you haven't actually USED a keyboard with a touch screen, perhaps you really ought to try one out for a while before you get rigid in your opinion?

BTW, the G70 is NOT a VA76... Over 90% of regular arranger PLAYING operation is done with real buttons, sliders and footswitches, etc.. The touch screen is primarily a 'selection' tool, and editing and programming device. Most of which you don't really use much while playing. It's the best of BOTH worlds, IMO...