Quote:
Originally posted by kalimero:
With touch-screen You can feel the contact of your finger and the screen, but You can only:

- hope that You hit the right area of the screen

- hope that the desired action will be performed

, because there is no feedback at all.

I hate to disagree, here (everyone has their preferences), but, let's compare this to buttons...

If you don't LOOK at the buttons (and there are a lot of them, if you don't have buttons on a touch screen), it is JUST as easy to screw up and hit the wrong one. And sorry, but simply touching the screen is 100% reliable. In other words, if you can FEEL (there's that tactile sensation for you ) the screen, you HAVE activated the function... unlike a button where you can hit it, but maybe not hard enough. In fact, it's the BUTTON that is the less reliable function, requiring a defined 'click' to let you know it has activated. No need whatsoever for this on a touch screen. Simply touch the screen in the right place, at ANY hardness whatever, and the function activates.

As I said, I have had trepidations when I first started using touch screens (on my Triton Classic) which were born out by how less sensitive that one was. But my G70 is an entirely different beast, not only faster and more (100%) reliable on the screen, but colored and easy to spot important areas.

And sorry, but a few damaged buttons (even ONE) can bring a non touch screen arranger to it's knees. That one's a push, IMO.

There is a few weeks of getting used to it, then, I'm sorry, but you don't want to look back...

Simple question, everybody; How many that HAVE a modern color touch screen, used for quite a while (no 2 week tryouts, please!), would prefer to go back to buttons?

Not too many, would be my guess...