I'm curious as to how some of you other members buy your keyboards? I've never been so frustrated trying to locate a high end arranger locally that I can try out.

I wrote this in another thread:

But...I'm starting to understand today's rules of the game:

Rule #1: you have to buy a keyboard sight unseen unless you live near AJ, George Kaye or Frankie (and a few others)...and "sound unheard" unless you're lucky enough to find a salesperson who is a top of the line player and just sells keyboards for altruistic reasons to help others (highly unlikely).

Rule #2: see Rule No. 1 above

Rule #3: see Rule No. 2 above

Back to this thread: I've been talking to another Synthzone member about purchasing his E-60. Good price, personable seller, no reluctance to send my money. But...I can't find one to play around here. And he lives too far away for me to go and try his out.

I've been thinking about this all day. Do many of you buy your keyboard without hearing it based on it's reputation (Tyros, G-70, etc). Or perhaps you travel to where the store is?

I'm about ready to give up and just keep playing my antique Roland! Why change a keyboard when I'm the only one that will notice anyway?

Lucky