Originally posted by cgiles:

Quote:
Very curious as to how you feel about yours. Happy?

I'm quite happy with my Fantom G7 chas. Very enthused about it in fact.

There are many, many, excellent patches on the Fantom G chas but there are a few presets that are just average and even a few below average as well. I suppose that can be expected with every keyboard though, right?

What is nice about the Fantom G as far as the patches go is that you have a vast array of tweaking parameters to assist you in your editing and creating of custom sounds - whether organ, guitar, piano, or whichever ones you choose - to get that sound you want out of the patch(s). Also, the DAC's on the Fantom G are 24 bit, which gives it a nice clean, punchier sound. The wave forms, for the most part, are excellent in my opinion too chas, but if you don't like Roland's preset 'attempt' then tweaking the patch is your "window of opportunity" to do Roland's initial attempt(s) one better. The Fantom G is expandable (unlike the Yamaha Motif XS) and I'm expecting Roland to come out with some outstanding ARX boards down the road. The first two i.e. ARX 01 Drums and ARX 02 EP's were not my cup of tea, since I felt the EP's on the Fantom G, in most instances, are great already as well as the Drums too in my opinion. To each his own I suppose...

Here is a short improvisational demo I played and recorded on my Fantom G7. I kept the file in .wav format to preserve the sound quality. The patch is the Souvenier's organ patch but somewhat tweaked of course.

Organ Demo

PS: You might not like that type of organ sound chas, but the door is wide open on whichever organ sound you choose from to edit. Along with every other patch from every other category as well too of course.

Best, Mike

PS: I could go on and on and on about all the other great features and capabilities that lie under the hood and on the surface of the Fantom G, but I will spare you and the rest of the forum.

I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations. Pity.. because I think the Fantom G has sooooooooo much to offer and then some. Again, to each his own I suppose, right chas?

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-16-2008).]