I have been using a Tyros1 for several years, and I have considered to upgrade to a Tyros3. Instead of buying a Tyros3 I have (more or less) decided to go for a Motif XS8 instead. In Denmark the price of a T3 and XS8 is exactly the same. I hope the combination of these two instruments will be more interesting and challenging for me than "just" the Tyros3. I intend - for instance - to use use the styles in the Tyros1 together with the voices (and arps etc) of the Motif.

I would like to get some advise on how to control and synchronize the Tyros from the Motif (and/or perhaps the other way around). A possible scenario might be:

1. Record a song on the Tyros using a style.
2. Following that, record some tracks on the Motif.
3. Finally start song playing *simultaneously* on both instrument.

Can I easily start recording on the Motif while *at the same time* automatically start song playing at the Tyros?

I am well aware of the Midi settings of in Tyros, including the possibility of using an external clock etc. But I am not really sure if one of them can remotely control (start playing, start recording on) the other. I am also aware that the Tyros has the resolution of 1920 PPQN while the Motif runs at 480 PPQN. Will that turn out to be a problem?

Will the natural solution be to control both instruments from a PC sequencer, such as Cubase or Sonar?

------------------