Unless you are into style creation, bigtime, and are a whizz at guitar emulation, drum emulation, basically everything emulation ( ), there really isn't a whole lot you can do about a style that is too busy. You see, it's not about turning OFF the part, or turning it down...

Just as in real life, there are guitarist that PLAY busier or simpler, drummers that 'ghost' a lot and fill up the internal groove, while others keep it simple and empty. so different arrangers tend to go in one or other of these directions. Short of creating your own style (and I'm sorry, but everyone TALKS a good game - or at least some do - but few if ANY members here are prolific, high quality style creators) if you can't find the perfect style, you are boned...

Modern arrangers are PACKED with potential, but so few have either the skill, the time or the inclination to utilize it all. Let us be honest. How many amongst us uses all self-created styles? I'm not talking about a minor edit of an existing one. Who makes their own styles from scratch?

Damn few, I'd say. Those that do, I want to hear your stuff!