As a common or garden non-pro board player,I totally understand the above rich comments about the Tyros3...and any other KB , for that matter, because the Pros like most of you here are in TWO different worlds at the same time. Part of you is a trained professional musician who lives to HEAR the sounds you are making and that is sometimes more important than the other half of you which is an ENTERTAINER.!
For the vast majority of your audiences, the sounds they like to hear are just for fun whereas our own ears want to hear MUSIC and sounds which are as near perfect as possible.
That is why my own appraisal of the Tyros3 is one of sheer amazement in its state of the art simulation of the real instruments (because most of the sounds ARE real, sampled!)
I am not a professional i.e. I don't play in order to make a living, so my enjoyment of music is always stronger because I can take time to listen to the keyboard and marvel at its power.
That is also why I had the wonderful experience last week of attending a live demo of the Tyros3 by Peter Baartmans, Yamaha's (and possiby the world's) top demonstrator of Yamaha machines.
I was in total awe of the man. His artistry is truly awesome and his knowledge of Tyros3 is also to be wondered at. His demo shows all the newer aspects of the board and in particular the ART1 and ART2 additional tabs.
My point is that if you are first and foremost a LISTENING musician then Tyros3 is for you. But if you are firstly an ENTERTAINER you can entertain with ANY KB and I envy you all
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info