But none of those people got famous for being a kid that imitates an adult singer.
They got famous for their own talent and hard work and yes, that carried on into adulthood.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Chony.., I'm curious now.... Why don't you like it when a kid imitates and adult singer.

Even squeak said it "a kid imitates and adult singer." I wonder what she can do without imitating.
Maybe she's the real deal maybe not. Does she understand what she is singing or just imitating?
Time will tell after she loses the "for a kid tag", as in she sings good for a kid.

I see it in the music stores all the time a kid comes in that can play nice guitar licks, note for note off a record, but can't play a I IV V because he can't play anything unless he can copy it.
Is it musicianship if he doesn't know what he is playing?
If her only claim to fame is she sounds like an adult for a 14 year old how does that tag line translate when she's 20?
That's my only point. As Diki says about the dumbing down of music, if you don't have to learn your craft just imitate it.

But that's my opinion you don't have to agree maybe she'll make it and maybe we'll never hear of her again after she grows up.