You're kidding right....? I can't tell you how many times I've seen interviews where TODAY'S DIVA'S who when they were children gave credit to their (adult idols of the time) who they tried to replicate themselves. Ever wonder why a Diva today sounds kind of like a Diva from YesterYear...???

Today's young and upcoming stars are doing EXACTLY what today's popular stars did when they were kids... They had favorite singers, wanted to be like them, tried to sing like them..., and MANY became successful in their careers. Stars like Beyonce and A. Keys for example both in MANY interviews spoke of their adult idols when they were children..., and how they too stood infront of the mirror with a fake mic..., trying to sing like them.

It's good this child is singing a song like this.... How often do we hear on American Idol from all three judges that it takes serious guts to take on a song by one of the great Diva's and pull it off. This child is just 14 and did it..., and I've heard younger do the same. I saw a special with a young girl who loved Whitney, Beyonce, Keys, Mary J, and many others... I think she was twelve, and she did a Mary J song and blew the roof off the place. These artists not only inspired her, but help shape her into what she is today. We don't always learn to be better on our own.., sometimes we gotta look to the greats to learn a few things. Plus this girls voice sounded NOTHING like the original singer. It was clearly her voice and she wasn't replicating the singers voice.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-10-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.