A friend of mine owns a music store. Here's a report about Best Buy expanding :
Today, August 19, 2008 I went into the belly of the beast. I got information, oh boy did I get information, and I got pictures. There will be a minimu of 85 Best Buy music stores by Dec. 1. However, a very helpful asst. mgr. at the Aurora, IL Best Buy told me a few things of interest. Allison said that if the stores currently being opened continued to perform "this good" she has been told that 300 would be the Dec. 1 target number.

I will write an expanded review of my Best Buy "Music Store Within A Store" either today or tomorrow. The detailed information will be in the General Members Forum. For now I'll give you some highlights.

Best Buy is offering lessons. Either individual or group lessons. Group lessons will have no more than four (4) students in them. Individual lessons will be 30 minutes and cost $19.99 per lesson with a $10.00 discount on a package of (4) four prepaid lessons. Group lessons are for one hour and cost $10.00 each. Best Buy has a beautiful, glossy 3-fold brochure about their lesson program that they hand out to customers.

Here's the kicker....the Best Buy Music Lesson Program is "co-sponsored" by Fender. Each Best Buy store gets 12-16 free acoustic guitars to be used by their students. Also, the brochure explains that Best Buy's instructors are "professionally trained by Fender."

Below is a list of manufacturers that are being carried by Best Buy. When I say "being carried" I mean they have product on display and ready for sale. I'm told by Allison that they can special order and product made by any manufacturer they carry.

GUITARS
Martin
Epiphone
Gibson
Fender
Peavey
Washburn
Parker
Yamaha
Alvarez
Daisy Rock

AMPS
Fender
Peavey
Vox
Crate
Line 6
Marshall
Ampeg
Roland
Fishman
Daisy Rocks
(Allison says Ibanez is carried at the Minneapolis store and should eventually be available here)

DRUMS
DW
Yamaha
Pearl
Pacific (PDP)
Zildjian
Remo
LP
(Allison said Tama is carried at the Minneapolis store and should eventually be available here)

PRO PA
Furman
Tascam
Tapco
EV
Mackie
QSC
Behringer
Yamaha
Peavey
M-Audio

ACCESSORIES & FX PEDALS