Still confused...

So you CAN, per registration, chose which Style Parts get sent out to an external module, and which Parts get played by the Internal Tones on an S900?

Or is it a case of setting up the receiving module to ignore the majority of the messages that the arranger is sending, and muting the internal Tone of the arranger, but NOT muting the MIDI output? My head hurts

From what I'm reading, it seems that those of you that do this have to mess with the module itself as well as the arranger, unless you use one basic setup for everything. Which, kind of defeats the purpose of using a module, IMO, which are supposed to be just racked up and controlled remotely (at least, this is how WS's do it). I would prefer to have the arranger as the sole master, and the module out of reach. There's enough to do between songs already!

Anyone doing this successfully?

I guess the holy grail for all of us is to have a rack module (or another keyboard) MIDI'd to our arrangers, and, on a registration by registration basis, be able to chose which parts, keyboard AND style/smf go to the internal sounds, and which ones go to the module, and have the correct codes for sounds (BTW, for this to be effective, this HAS to address more than just GM sounds - in fact, any sound in the module whatsoever ), levels and effects be transmitted... Correct?

So, with our 21st century arrangers and modules, who is able to pull this off flawlessly?