I've done it using a Motif ES and both the Tyros 2 and One Man Band as the style hosts.
It works but it isn't plug and play, meaning that you'll have to some tweaking to get the sound module to sound right. A lot of times you have to manually setup the drum patches, because the ES doesn't "read" the drum bank patch data as sent from the Tyros 2.

Also, you need to know that the megavoices aren't always set up the same from board to board, meaning that all you're going to get on some of the megavoice driven styles are very high pitched sounds, or in other cases you will hear megavoice effects, only the wrong effects, when you use what appears to be the corresponding megavoice on the Motif. At least it's that way with the Tyros and ES. There is an app from Michael P Bedesem that "fixes" megavoice styles so that the mega data is eliminated. When I use T2 styles with the ES I use the modified ones, where the megavoice data has been removed.

It isn't the ideal situation if you plan on using the XS and S900 in a live setup, but it can work in a studio.

I actually find it better going from One Man Band into the Tyros 2. A real easy shortcut exists for taking converted styles and getting them to sound pretty good without a lot of effort. I load them up in One Man Band while I set the T2 up so that it does not accept Patch and Bank data changes. Then I pick a similar style on the T2, and call it up on the board. The OMB style will now send the style data, while the T2 is set up with the right instruments and corresponding effects. It isn't always perfect, because for instance, channel 12 of a PA80's rock style might call for a piano, while the corresponding style on the T2 uses a guitar, but somehow it usually comes out sounding ok anyway, and sometimes makes for more interesting variations. All I can tell you is that it works aand almost always sounds much better than trying to load the same untweaked style directly in to the T2, where the T2 will try to pick the right instrument ( usually a default XG patch ).

If the XS has the scene store function like the ES, you could pretty much do the same thing. I used it when I used OMB and the ES together,. The caveat of course is that you have to manually select the best sounds yourself and then store the scene. I have several stored up.

Hope all of this helps a little.

Regards,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-03-2008).]