Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Actually, I have my old B-3, a really cherry old C-3, an M-100, a 1949 M, two Hammond tone cabinets (non-rotating), a C-122, 145, 147RV.(Oh, and a quirky little XB-2, plus my new C-1, Electro and Motion Sound 145).

I'll add to that a new Hammond B-3 after NAMM.

Now that's just plain wrong. Uh, where exactly did you say that warehouse of yours was located.......not that we have any devious intentions.

Russ, I gotta tell ya'. I've hardly touched another keyboard since I got my C1. It's not so much the C1 (although it's great sound helps) as it is the pure joy of getting back to playing organ and re-living those "Jimmy Smith" moments every time I touch the thing. I hadn't played straight-ahead organ or touched a real B3 in years so it took a little bit of easing back into. Diki can tell you how 'rough' my early efforts were, but I'm feeling stronger and more comfortable with every gig.

Question for you. How is the piano and brass on that electro? I've been approached by a very, very good funk/blues band to join up to supply keys, primarily organ, piano, and horn parts (this would be in addition to, and seperate from the organ trio). They only play a couple of concert-type gigs per month, so I could probably handle that. They heard me in the club and loved the sound of the C1. Problem is, I need something for the piano and horn parts. My SonicCell would do nicely but I'd need a controller (probably 49 keys) as the C1 has got to be one of the worst controllers out there. Other possibilities that I already have include a MotifES, Triton, A70 controller w/expansion card, Tyros2, PA1x Pro. Each has a problem and besides, I think the two 'reds', electro and C1, would look pretty cool together. What do you think?

chas