Nobody that I've ever known has said from their deathbed that they wished they had worked more during their lifetime..

Perspectives change when life's circumstances change and when people get older. What we once thought of as extremely important, and obscured by our obsession for wealth, fame, excessive needs for our family, or whatever else it may have been, has suddenly reversed itself in our later years when health, wealth, fame, and fortune may no longer be our lot in life and death (our own mortality) stares us in the face. Funny how that happens huh?

Instead, you begin to appreciate the simple things in life, and the stress we accumulated from the harried life seems to melt away into traquility and acceptance for a more meaningful and peaceful way of living and with our priorities changed or even completely reversed from what they were previously when we were much younger. But it came about 50 years too late for us to really and truly enjoy it like we would have wanted to if we could only have those 40 or 50 years back.

Hindsight is always 20/20 they say. If we knew then what we know now most of us would have probably done things quite differently then we did.

Moral of the story? Live each day as if it were your last and suddenly you may realize that life's priorities are more than just work, making money, and your temporal possessions. Instead, the love of family, friends, the needs of others, and even the love of life itself becomes more meaningful and important to you, and you begin to realize life isn't really "all about me" and what I can 'get' out of life, but rather, it's about what we can 'give' in return.

Best,
Mike