Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
Hello Vagro:

It is possible to use the PK5, PK7 Roland or any midi pedal board for bass... You Just need to assign the proper midi channel in either of your choices...

... in the Korg there are group together in a User Bank that may contain 8-16 or more styles...

I also have as backup the S900, to bad you are so far, I am selling it, I do not use it at all....
Che !!, the PA800 has a wonderful New Tango, it actually has several.

Thanks for your answer Mdorantes (Tato). I use the arranger as an organ with a lower keyboard I built for it (using an old Dx27 synth) and a Roland Pk5 midi pedalboard (you can see my set up in my You Tube web page that appears in my profile). Not many of you know how amazing it is using the bass recognition function of Yamaha that assigns one or more receiving midi channels to the bass channel to play the bass accomp. When the pedal note matches the fundamental chord played by your left hand it keeps the style's normal bass line, when it doesn't match it keeps sounding rhythmicaly the note you pressed on the pedal. I don't see this function in the manual of any Korg arranger but you can play the bass note and create the pattern with your foot for sure
I was so surprised to see how different was loading sounds from the SD card in the Korg Tr. You can't do it on the fly and it takes so long. I imagine you have to load groups of styles everytime you play the Pa arranger, not very practical.
I don't play many Tango styles but some could be useful. I'm so sorry I live so far away! I would have bought your Psr s900 for 2000Us$!!! Muchas gracias che!

Victor

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 06-10-2008).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ