Most of you know by now that I'm always going on about the exchange of "musical ideas." But I found this thread very extremely refreshing as most of you were candid with your thoughts, dreams, ambitions, blessings, failings, areas of content and discontent, etc.

I've been playing a lot of years and I can truthfully say I've never met another musician who sounded "human" enough that I could share what's inside of me. I never got to express my own emotions and dreams and regrets and all the other stuff you hold inside of you to another musician. After all, they’re the only ones that truly understand our business and the effects it has on us.

After reading these revelations from many of you, it's nice to know that it's possible to do the unthinkable: express internal dialogue and be viewed as a human being as compared to the stage entertainer that we are. I can visualize how cathartic it would be to do so.

Perhaps someone would like to start another thread that explores what all of us experience on the inside as musicians dealing with what goes with the turf: emotions! I already said we’re a unique breed.

Lucky