Guys – thanks for the words of encouragement. I recorded “Over the Rainbow” about 10 years ago. All my sax recordings were done in the following way:

- Sequences done w/Power Tracks
- Sound module was Roland MGS64 rack mount unit
- Tracks from there into a Mackie 1202 mixer
- Sax recorded on a CAD mic into the mixer
- Effects from an Alesis Midi-Verb unit
- Tracks recorded onto a Yamaha MD4S minidisk recorder
- Tracks merged onto my computer and tweaked w/CoolEdit Pro

All the Tyros recordings were made by recording them directly to hard disk using the Tyros 2 functions.

Regarding my sax playing, Cannonball Adderley came and did a clinic w/my jazz band in college. I listened (in those days) to Lou Donaldson, Eddie Harris, Dexter Gordon, and Sonny Stitt. Later on I was lucky enough to see Grover, Stanley Turrentine, Dave Sanborn, and several of the “war horses” live. Lately I have enjoyed attending several jazz festivals and listening to the modern players too, including Steve Cole, Kirk Whalum, Art Porter, Gerald Albright to name some.

Here are the styles I used for the Tyros samples on the web site:

- Besseme Mucho --- Beguine (116) and 2nd Intro
- Thought of You --- Pro Bossa Nova (124) (no Intro used)
- Ain’t No Sunshine --- Chillout 1 (80) and 2nd Intro
- Name of Love --- R&B Soul Ballad (85) and 2nd Intro
- So Cool --- I renamed the style I used and haven’t retrieved the original name yet. However, three other styles that are also great on that song are Chart Pop 2, Modern R&B, and Pob Guitar Ballad. Tempo I use is 96.

To all – I must agree I have been very blessed to have an interesting life. It wasn’t all fun (I went the “prostate’s gotta go route” 10 years ago). My wife is wonderful to have tolerated me and she is a beautiful, wonderful lady. I only hope that the next chapter will have plenty of pages in it for music. It’s a wonderful and very therapeutic thing as you all are aware. I have several recording projects in mind and look forward to getting the time to pursue them.

Thanks again to all for checking the site, listening and commenting.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"