The Bose L1 is 750-watts RMS, 1,500-watts peak-power, of which 500-watts is dedicated to the tower, while 250-watts is dedicated to the subwoofer.

Coming from the old school of conventional sound systems, it took me a couple days to get used to not blowing my ear-drums out while performing. When the L1 sounds loud to you it's probably too loud for your audiences. Different concept, but you must keep in mind that it's not a conventional sound system.

As for the volume staging, I've always been a bit of a stickler for reading the instructions, step-by-step, and doing this with the equipment at my side. By doing this I was able to optimize the sound system and learned quite a bit.

Diki is spot on with his asessment of setting up a conventional sound system. However, with the L1 it is a totally different ball game. I know of a couple performers that did not set up their systems per the intstruction manual and they were disappointed with the results. In one instance I spent quite a few minutes, adjusted the system per the manual's instructions and he was amazed at how wonderful the system sounded. In another instance the performer kept trying to do things the way he did for the past several years and did not adhere to the system requirements. He sold the system and purchased something else.

As Eddie, DonM and I have said on many occasions--"This is not for everyone!" I've owned and tried so many sound systems it boggles my mind. For MY purposes, and MY audiences, the Bose L1 is the best thus far. Expensive? Not really. Especially when you consider how much money I've spent over the past several decades in sound systems that I was never really that happy with, and the list of those is quite extensive.

I guess my best meaure of sound quality is the responses from both my audiences, and my spouse--a woman who after nearly a half century of nuptual bliss has absolutely no qualms about expressing her opinions to me. If she doesn't like what she hears she tells me in no uncertain terms. She LOVES the Bose L1. So does my audiences.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)