(This is the new thread I was referring to earlier.)

I've noticed something happening recently and I want to get to the bottom of it.

More than one thread lately has, let's face it, either gone completely OT, been derailed (by myself as well as others) or been sent downhill in the worst way, all because of four words:

Bose Personal Amplification System.

Now I've got to make a few things clear before we start.

1. I think people CAN have their own opinions on ANY piece of gear, philosophy, working methods, Religion, favourite colour...WHATEVER.

2. I don't think, and have never said, that the Bose system is for everyone, and people can love the sound, hate the sound, judge the sound as is their right.

3. I'm not espousing the system in this thread - even though you all know what side of the fence I'm on - I want an honest civil discussion.

4. Failing that, I'm happy for this thread to degenerate sooner or later into a Love/Hate Attack/Defend diatribe (from BOTH sides) because maybe this thread can be like a "virtual swear Jar" where people can post things as nasty as they like if it keeps other threads from being "Bose polluted".

Now what I want to say, more than ANYTHING else is this:

This system has caused more "hate talk" and Emotionalism than any other PA system I can recall.
Some *ahem* "discussions" about it even rival the fierce "My arranger is better than yours" debates (and we all know how THOSE go).

Why can OTHER pieces of gear (well PA's and the like) be rationally discussed, other companies and their methods (Advertising/Marketing/Research & Development) be discussed in a balanced way (mostly) and not the Bose PAS or Bose itself?

I've even had emails from more than one Synthzone member (and they will remain anonymous) advising me on the system in PRIVATE so as not to cause trouble!!

I mean, when was the last time someone on a forum felt they had to hold "secret talks" about some PA gear for fear of ridicule or attack????

This is ridiculous.

Some will think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, others will be nodding their head in agreeance with me, (and other's probably won't care at all!) but this really deserves a thread on it's own for a while so we can at LEAST clear the air.

Love the Bose? Fine.
Hate the Bose? Fine - really, I mean that.

But for God's sake, can we try to discuss it NORMALLY like most other pieces of gear - well PA gear....

How about it?

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au