Not sure about the origin of this test, but I'm really sure of the validity of all the academic research on right/left brain theory. Read the description of the differences in comprehension on the right. If the test works, those who see a reversal of the direction are pretty balanced, and have the ability to both think in a linear fashion as well as handle abstract thought, comprehension and activity. Those who are left-brain dominant only process in a linear fashion (engineers, accountants, math folks, etc.).

Think of your results here and apply that to how your brain operates. There are extermely talented left-brained musicians. Generally, these are the classically trained ones who sight read like crazy, but couldn't improvise if their life depended on it.

At the other extreme are the right-brained musicians at the top of their game who never bothered to learn to read and don't see the relivance, but can improvise like crazy.

Same thing in all walks of life. This is serious business for many communications academics. The body of research is massive, and results are used around the world in designing communications programs.

It helps my students understand where they are coming from, and helps them understand why they're the way they are.

It reaqlly helps me understand my strengths and weaknesses.

I've been studying and teaching right/left brain theory at the college level for over 30 years.

GOOD STUFF!

Russ