Ian,

I use the Digitech VR, which unfortunately is no longer in production. Mine is a rack-mount model which is permanently mounted in my custom console, which also serves as the laptop platform and contains all of my power supplies, phantom power pack, surge protector, and it's also a lighted sign that lights the keyboard too. So, at least in my case, I'm not carrying anything additional.

Donny,

I agree that a better vocal processor and LCD display would make the S900 an outstanding keyboard, but unfortunately, as many times as these subjects have come up Yamaha never seems to read the posted comments. Consequently, we often must use workarounds to accomplish our performance goals. Eventually, some manufacturer will come up with a lightweight keyboard that has all the quality and features the majority of OMB performers are asking for. Until then, we're pretty much stuck with what we have, and of course, the workaround modifications that make us sound better.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)