Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Ian,

I had a T1 for a week way back before I was gigging and I know it was more difficult to transport.

Zuki, the T2 isn't any easier to transport than the T1...I know, I hauled one around for six months...no comparison to the S900 IMO.

The organs in the S900, IMO, sound the same as the Tyros2, with the exception of the SA organs in the latter which the former does not have.

The S900's SA voices, also in my opinion, sound the same as Tyros2...there are not as many, and they lack the T2's aftertouch, but, if I remember correctly, my sources at Yamaha said they were the same samples.

The Tyros2 has a better piano (a bit more full) than the S900, but the E.Pianos seem to be the same.

Of course, you're already aware of the T2's FSX keyboard, which is more weighted than the S900's, and has aftertouch...best feeling arranger keyboard around.

Since the T3 is just around the corner(well, not quite...but soon) the Tyros2 will be less expensive when the former is released.

There should also be a few second hand T2s available.

Just trying to be helpful...good luck with whatever way you choose.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-21-2008).]