It's been a busy year as far as exchanging equipment goes, so...

Roland VR760 - keeper; very good clonewheel and piano sections. heavy.

Yamaha PSR2000 - keeper; but it looks like a turtle. Gave it up for the...

Roland DC5 - keeper; a very sweet keyboard for those who work with SMF and vocals. Probably the best of the three. Sorry I sold it.

Roland E09 - dud; kept it about two weeks. Not that it was a bad keyboard, but a few steps down from what I'm used to - not acceptable for me. Good sounds, though.

I sold all of the above in favor of...

Roland G70 - 50/50 dud/keeper. This is a very nice, professional, loaded keyboard. Two things, the weight and the clonewheel section were big negatives for me. The 76-note keyboard is the best I've played and is somewhat inspiring. But in the end, it had to go in favor of...

Yamaha PSR3000 - keeper; still here after three months and will probably be here next year at this time. Good board with good sounds and features. The 61-note keyboard is its biggest drawback. Put this on the G70 keybed and it the keyboard of the year.

Hammond XK-1 - big keeper. This is my dream keyboard. It plays and sounds as good as any Hammond I've ever laid hands on. It's economical, light and just an all-around fantastic clonewheel. The Leslie sim is fantastic, as is the vibrato/chorus section; the most realistic I've ever played. This alone justifies selling the VR760 and G70.

[added]And how can I forget my CM-30's. They were a chance buy at the local GC, basically 2-4-1. Couldn't pass up the price and definitely discovered an excellent pair of personal monitors and mini PA system.

That's all for this year, but I'm always looking.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 12-20-2007).]