Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:
Yes the pa1xpro supports wav-format also the korg format and akai format.

Notlos, a terrific news discovery as both my above CD/DVD disks include WAV file format loops.

Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:

You can add the samples in the pads or place them in the style on a track, while doing the last you have always the sample synchonized with the style when you choose this style.

The professional levelof performance & realism of the acoustic brush drum loops recorded on the "Brush Artistry" disk I outlined above far SURPASS anything I've ever heard before, and to be able to utilize them (instead of the lacklaster brush patterns with midi produced loops) in live auto accomp mode arranger keyboard performance, will provide added rhythm section realism, & instrumental (drumming) expression.

I've now become more convinced than ever that integrating quality recorded 'audio loops' in arranger keyboard performance will provide rhythm section realism not possible with midi alone, especially when the audio loops are recorded by top pro instrumentalists on the actual instrument, not simply emulated on a keyboard. Afterall, midi can only capture so much.

Realizing that drum loop pitch (track 10) is not affected by the chord played or song transpose settings made, audio drum loops are idealilly matched to be integrated for auto accomp arranger keyboard playing. On the other hand, utilizing 'pitched based' instrument audio loops appear to be ANOTHER matter. I'm wondering if there's any any to get acoustic instrument loops to work as well. Anyone here ever attempt this? In addition to the audio loop needing to be transposed to whatever chord change is played & recognized by the arranger, certain notes in the audio loop would need to be altered (to reflect the change: maj/minor) as well. I guess I'm stepping ahead of the current keyboard technological capabilities here. Perhaps this might be possible with next year's kb model?

Scott