Hi scott,

I used only the grand piano 1 of the korg (no expansion board!!!)
i have set upper 1 "piano1"
upper 2 "piano1" one octave below
upper 3 "piano1" two octave below
About the sampleloop:
in the first part you hear only the factory drums of the style in the pa1xpro, on the second part i added the drumloop (that i saved in the pad-memory)In "assingable pads" you can set 4 pads to your choise and adding it with the style in synchro.
Yes the pa1xpro supports wav-format also the korg format and akai format(Akai programs can only loaded with the optional cd-writer)All samples can be saved in the keyboard in the pcm folder and you can choose while you startup the keyboard for loading the samples at the same time.

You can add the samples in the pads or place them in the style on a track, while doing the last you have always the sample synchonized with the style when you choose this style. I you set the sample in the pads you must first start the style and push the pad where you set the drumloop.

Hoping giving you the right information,

greetings,
Notlos www.notlos.com