Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat:
Scott, what mic and boom are you using in the video of your San Francisco Chinese New Year "job"?

EV N/Dyn D757.

It's an old workhorse I've been using for stage work for over 10 years. I particularly like it for for its very 'high' signal ouput to optimally drive my keyboard's built in vocalizer. Though I still like , I'm in the market for another hand held style performance mic which has a similar 'high' signal output level. Any recommendations? Which other mic brands (Audix, Sennheiser, AKG, etc) provide the high signal output as EV mics do. I'm looking for a smooth yet unhyped mic sound.

I know Donny Pesce uses an Sennheiser Evolution 885, Uncle Dave an EV 767, and Don Mason & Uncle Dave (also) use Shure Beta 87 condenser mics. Donny, I assume the Evolution 885 provides more than adequate signal output to optimally drive the built in harmonizer on your PSR2000 for clean/clear harmonies, right?

DonM and Uncle Dave: What mic pre-amp (phantom power) are you guys using to boost the Shure Beta 87's mic signal? I'm looking for a small as possible but quality sounding mic preamp box to take for live gigging. I want to be able to plug my condenser mic (AKG C3000) into the mic preamp (hopefully small enought to be placed/mounted on top of the keyboard) and then go from there directly into the Tyros' mic input jack.

Ok, I'm headed south for the weekend now to do a show in Pismo Beach and also meet up with Synthzone buddies Frank Bez, Paul Curzan, Eric Bott, and Richard Peck. See you all back here next week. - Scott