Cass & all........

Today Fran & I went browsing some music stores after a great breakfast at iHop.
I needed to return something & look around.....& to see if they a Mackie 150 (small Monitor...
http://www.mackie.com/products/srm150/

while searching the store I noticed a Pa800 on top of a Tyros 2 ......which was nice, it wasn't there 2 weeks ago...it did have OS1.51 too....right next to the KB's there was a ROLAND CM30 cube monitor.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/CM-30/index.html

This unit was another item Ive been wanting to demo after I have discussing it with Cass who has been very happy with the sound, & after plugging in to one in the store with the pa800 I can certainly see why! It really has a robust full spectrum sound, I was quite surprised, I also had the sales man bring out a Mackie 150 which is another unit I wanted to check out too.....well let me tell you there is no comparison sound wise it was like
Night & Day....the CM30 really sounds good and full, I tried several different selections of styles thru them & it really showed no sign of breaking up but instead exhibited only a nice TIGHT bass projection & with the dual cone speaker the highs really stood out with nice coverage all out of this tiny package. On the other hand the Mackie 150 although crisp and clean sounding could compete with the full bodied sound of the CM30. I would say the that the Mackie would be very satisfactory in an acoustic Guitar/Vocal scenario for sure as it was intended....but lacked the diversity of a full frequency sound required for Arranger Keyboards & Vocals. The Cm 30 could easily cover a small venue gig, NH, Cocktail hour, Small restaurant diner job....& having on-board speakers will only add to the coverage. Dont be fooled by the "NUMBERS" game manufacturers play
30 watts vs 150 etc etc ....its all how its allocated and I dont know about you but My ears are the best judge. I would urge you to go try one and see for your self.....if your in need of a nice SMALL amp for those certain gigs Roland has done it again for sure with the CM30.....using Two in stereo would be a beautiful thing also for sure
I bought one & took it home

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-19-2007).]