I tried running it through its paces this afternoon. I would say that for small audiences, one CM-30 would work, but two would be great!and could cover a good-sized audience. The sound is full, not tinny. I guess I'd like a little more bass, but the bass certainly is not missing. A small sub with two CM-30s would make a great little system. The CM-30 would be fine by itself, especially in an acoustically live space.

Using the G70 vocal mixer gives good effects results, not muddy at all. I don't have the 3K yet, so I can't comment on that area. As for using a NanoVerb, it was a thought only. I have a Digitech Vocalist IV also and I was just thinking that a simple effects box like one of those could be used for any FX needed like reverb, delay or harmony if using the mic input separately on the CM-30.

I found that setting the dials at about one o'clock gave me full tone and volume with no hint of distortion playing a full SMF, loud drawbars and vocals.

I'm going to look around for another CM-30 deal. $175 is a fair price for this kick-butt box, but $100 is even better.

Insist on trying one - the packaging is not restrictive. I'm sure you'll like it. It's as good as the Mackie SRM 180 at half the price.

Damn, I'm going to have to check my spelling better I think everything's OK now.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-08-2007).]