Thank you all. That's what I like most about this forum. You not only get answers, you get passionate ones as well. I'm sure that's why you're all doing so well in this career....I guess actually it's more a life style wouldn't you say? It just becomes who you are. Anyhow, I wasn't trying to interject any profound substance here. Just looking for a great sounding digital piano. The bells and whistles aren't necessarily important, although additional capabilities along with hammer action is tempting. George, thanks for the new Yamaha lead, as always your input is extremely valuable, Scott / Kmac and Nimrod, I'll look at those technics. My dad has the Clavinova style technincs at home. It may be the model, but I haven't warmed to the piano sounds or the keyboard feel yet, but I will definately try out the P-50 next time I can get my hands on one. As I said, this is both for performing and recording, as I am 5 years away from retiring from my real job. That gives me a good time to educate myself in all this stuff (recording/performing/setting up arranger keyboards/demoing new instruments/creating an act etc. This forum is like attending a university. There is so much to learn. Thanks for keeping it fun. Brian

[This message has been edited by B2 (edited 12-18-2001).]