Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I cant agree I have never seen or heard a good combo playing other instruments trying to follow an aranger KB accmp......

Donny: I guess you just haven't heard or seen me perform (on the Arr KB) with my acoustic instrumentalist musicians yet. I only hire competant pro musicians and they 'never' have any problems keeping in time with the arr accomp & interacting with my live arranger keyboard playing & singing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

its man agains machine and most times it don't mix too well to my ear.... versus a trio, quartet etc etc..... A solo singer is the exception.

Of course a full band of all live 'professionally competant' musicians is what I'm sure we'd 'all' prefer, but the 'next best' thing imo is to bring on 1 or 2 live acoustic instrumentalists and/or female vocalist, in addition to the arranger keyboard. A solo only arranger keyboard performance (as impressive as it might be) just can't match the added 'spontaneous magic' that happens when additional 'competant' live musicians can (if possible) be brought in as well. - Scott