Hi George

The URL for the MIDI-Styles-Atlas is www.eGroups.com/group/MIDI-Style-Atlas
If this does not work, ask again, and I will send you (and anyone else that is having trouble finding it) an invitation.

You must subscribe to take advantage of the 'Atlas eGroup. There will be a "subscribe" link that lets you do this. While subscribing, consider the delivery options. By default, you will receive all postings as e-mail. People getting too much e-mail already can select "no mail/web only" and the 'Atlas group will work like a forum that you visit.

The 'Atlas eGroup is an "affirmative action" (no longer politically correct) project to encourage development of styles from otherwise underrepresented cultures. It is intended as a resource both for those looking for styles for their "roots" and for those seeking to explore diverse cultural idioms.

People seeking to join should realize that most of the styles will not work on their keyboards for the simple reason that styles form all arrangers are allowed. I try to ensure that the compatibility is indicated in the file names.

I am happy with the number of people who have joined so far. However, member or not, people with arrangers should be aware of this group for when they need that hard-to-find ethnic or regionally evocative style.

George, you are a valuable resource at Synthzone and I would be happy to have you check out the 'Atlas eGroup.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 12-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 12-11-2000).]