I guess, when you think about it, arranger users are using arrangers BECAUSE they don't have a great rhythm section to play with. So ANYTHING technical that interferes with the smooth, controllable aspect of arranger play is worth complaining about. Who knows? Perhaps there's an R&D guy actually READING this stuff, and maybe fixes a problem or two with the next OS or arranger.

I can certainly attest to having heard several 'greats' bitch royally at a rhythm section (or sidemen!) that didn't perform up to expected standards. We are just doing the same.

I've spent a lifetime trying to learn each and every inflection of a horn sound, and try to translate it to the keyboard and bender. I am a reasonable trombone player, and understand about phrasing, breathing, a host of horn techniques that can be translated to synth sounds and sax samples, to make for a realistic and authentic heart-felt solo. I've spent decades practicing to do the perfect pedal steel sound, or lead guitar scream. Practice does indeed, make perfect (or as close to it as technology allows).

UNFORTUNATELY.... my favorite arranger manufacturer dropped the ONE feature of their arranger line that allows me to utilize those skills..... the ability to have the arranger's chord sequencer repeat whatever whacked out (or standard!) changes I just came up with, and now go and use what I have practiced.

So, in fairness, I am not whining because of my lack of skill, but because I DO have it....!

Hold your hand(s) up if you consider yourself to be fully two-fisted players....... Doesn't it just make your blood boil to see that perfectly good left hand get hijacked to a job a monkey could do?!!

So, cgiles, while keeping your practice regimen up is always good advice, trying to get a manufacturer to re-introduce a feature that ALLOWS that practice to be used is also 'good advice'.