Hello to everyone

I've played piano for a lot of years and never gigged other than playing at parties for friends and family. Late in '04 and after using an arranger keyboard at home I decided to start gigging for parties and retirment homes. An old friend of mine who also plays keyboard and is a OMB initially helped me out and sent a few jobs my way to get me started. I'm now frustrated because my gigs seem to be few and far between. (since last October I've played about 10 gigs) As a way to get my name out there I've also just volunteered my to play at a church fall festival in October for no fee and also at a Starbucks coffe shop for tips only. Something just isn't clicking, I'd like to play a couple of gigs a week.

To help build the number of gigs I recently participated in an entertainer's showcase for nursing home directors where 14 musician's and singers including myself each played a 15 minute set. After everyone played the directors then could book us at there facilities. Most entertainers got 25 plus bookings out of the event. I got 4, not too encouraging!!

Somthing just isn't clicking, I'm not sure what it is?? I'm using a PSR3000 and don't sing. I would appreciate any advice from any OMB on what I really need to do to get busy. I have a web site steveonpiano.com where you can hear a sample of my playing. Thanks in advance for your help.