Scott:

My understanding is that the only way to add music finder records that reference user styles to a 2nd instrument is to load user styles that have music finder entries that were created on a PSR/ Tyros, not MusicFinderView.

The reason is the following: When you create a entry to the PSR music finder database on the PSR (not the PC), it stores the data in the referenced style, including user styles. If you save a user style, the mfd entries are included, and when that style is loaded into another instrument, the entries are automatically included (as part of the style load procedure) in the installed music finder file.

As a practical matter, it means taking all your music finder entries that reference user styles and reentering them on instrument and then saving each of the user styles for loading into the target instrument.

As said earlier, this is my understanding. You should certainly test the procedure before expending a lot of effort.

A simpler soultion would be add the entries to the user styles using the PC (easier typing) or have a program such as MusicFinderView be able to do it(assuming that the entries were alreay there). Unfortunately, these solutions do not exist today. I will look at addressing this.

Regards,

Michael