As many of you already know, I utilize my own custom created MusicFinder "Song Library" Database file which includes over 600 songs in my performance repetorie. In addition to internal PRESET styles, a great MANY of my song records utilize (link to) to custom Styles located in my Tyros keyboard's USER Memory area.

Ok, here's the dilemma I recently discovered. It will not be possible to fully utilize my custom created MusicFinder Database file when loaded on ANOTHER Tyros keyboard, even if the custom styles are copied to the SAME place in USER memory on the 2nd keyboard as the 1st keyboard. Though MFD song records which utilize PRESET internal Tyros styles work fine, MFD Song records which utilize custom styles stored in USER memory will not load. These will return with the error message: :style cannot be found". Here's the reason why:

Interestingly enough, the MusicFinder Database structure does NOT link to song style 'NAMES', but to a generic code # which is (randomly?) assigned to a specific file position (hierarchy) in USER Memory instead. This is more like a pointer to a specific folder level & position within that folder. If you delete or move a given style (even within the same folder), the MusicFinder Database pointer is RE-ASSIGNED yet ANOTHER number. As a result, simply copying all USER Memory Styles to another Tyros/PSR3000 keyboard, and in the same USER MEMORY folder setup configuration will NOT necessarily assure you that the proper style will be called up because the number position assignments will probably not be the same again, even though the file resides in the same folder & heirarchy level as on the original KB. Because of this, I'm coming to the realization now that it's not practical to utilize MusicFinder File which heavily utilize 'custom styles' on any other Tyros keyboard than the one it was created on, and that the only solution for calling up custom song styles for specific songs is to create & rename custom styles to given song names, and/or create registration bank files to call the custom styles up.

As many of you know, I'm attending the Florida SZ Jam in April, and using another attendee's Tyros KB to play on. I realize now that I won't be able to fully utilize my own custom MusicFinder Database that I planned to load into the borrowed Tyros keyboard because at least 1/2 (or more) of my songs utilize custom styles in USER Memory. It appears the only solution is calling up the styles manually from a song title-style 'printout' list, or havining to spend hours recreating custom styles and/or registrations to call up these songs from.

Curious if anyone else here has run into this same MusicFinder problem when file is loaded on another Tyros keyboard. Advice, further insight, and a possible solution to the problem appreciated. Thanks.

Scott