Hi Glenn

Wondering how you got into the seniors home routine.

I used to do them when I was in the home organ business in our outreach program to get new organ hobbyists. I would typically perform on, would you believe, a $50,000+ home organ. Of course we played for free for the exposure. I understand that the senior places don't want to pay anything at all, or maybe $50 around here, unless there is something that I am unaware of.

I always loved playiing for the seniors, because I got to play my favorite kind of music and was always very well received. I would love to be able to break into that scene and make it work.

Any suggestions, Glenn, Beakybird, etc?

The population of the immediate vicinity here is about 600,000. You would think there would be some good spots for me, but so far I haven't really found anything that works. The music scene has been funny here since I arrived in the Florida panhandle in 1999. Also, hurricane Ivan has knocked out a bunch of spots that aren't even reopened yet with a lot of musicians scurrying around I guess. I've just started a part time job to get me through until either I get something going or just give up on the idea. It's a bit frustrating, and I am a more than a little bewildered, as I can play quite well. I just need to find the right combination. I have a couple dynamite singers lined up if needed, and I've experimented slightly vibrating my own vocal chords, but not in public. I don't want to scare the crowds away. haha

Best
Scott