For some folks, doing other things while performing a song is a difficult task, one that often leads to lots of dead time between songs. For others, there is no dead time between songs--ZERO! How is this accomplished?

Share your performance secrets with others at the Chat Room tonight at 7:00 P.M..

See you there,

Gary

Well, it was a quiet night in the chat room, so here's some of the stuff I posted for debate:

For some folks, doing other things while performing a song is a difficult task, one that often leads to lots of dead time between songs. For others, there is no dead time between songs--ZERO! How is this accomplished?

The laptop is hooked to the keboard via USB A to USB B, while the laptop's earphone out hooks up to the 3000s auxiliary input. The only problem I have is the diffence in volume levels between the laptop's earphone out and the keyboard's internal volume for styles and midi files.

I think, fortunately, I've found a simple, inexpensive solution--a small pre-amp kit that sells for just $13 and is the size of a package of cigarettes. It is available in kit form from an outfit called J-kits in Elmwood Park, NJ 888-595-8766. I just ordered the first one to see if it works. If it does, all the volumes will be equal, MP3s, midi and styles. Swithching between these is the key to ending dead time. Guess I need to post a lesson on this when I get a few free hours to type it up and shoot the photos. BTW You can find the kits online at J-Tron

I'm really interested in hearing how others provide their audiences with seamless entertainment and eliminate dead time.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-24-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)