that is exactly the kind of question I asked about Tyros and 2100.

I understand that Tyros has lot more features than 2100, but the real comparison is with the QUALITY of sounds and styles.

Several points I like to add:

1) Tyros has more memory. However, this is not a guarantee of better sounds and styles; for the Tyros has more sounds and styles than 2100 (which is something good for 2100 does not have sufficient styles in my opinion). The question is what does Tyros do with the extra memory other than adding extra sounds and styles!

2) The comparison is between 2100 and Tyros. And not 2000 and Tyros. The assumption here is that 2100 is close enough to 2000 and therefore, the comparison matters. Well, it might have mattered if it is shown that the 2000 and Tyros are not much different in quality of sound. And with that I still have some reservations. However, it will not matter if the findings were that Tyros is significantly better than 2000.

3) The comparison must use the same monitoring system; the monitoring system must be of good quality that allows for the difference in sound quality to be heard and observed.

4) Although many users have asserted this to me several time and Altough I received some emails about this, I have yet to hear or read from direct representative of Yamaha that there are clear and "intended" differences in the quality of sounds for the identical sounsd and styles in Tyros and 2100. I am not saying there are or there are not difference. But the fact that Yamaha is clearly silent about this forces me to consider the alternative claims of other users such as Fran to be viable if not possible.

I personally have compared PSR740 (which I own) with PSR9000PRO and motif and I have found no significant difference in sound quality despite the utter insistence of other users.

Now comes, Motif ES, Tyros and 2100 and I am very curious about the differences between all of these. I have played with 2100 briefly and for the sake of the context of this post, I will keep my opinion out of it. I have yet to test Tyros or Motif ES. But now the fact that some are questioning the difference, returns me back to square one. Is there a real difference at all? or it is an implied marketing hype to lure people to pay three times the price of 2100?

With this I welcome your comments.