I now own both the G70 behemoth and the PSR300 plastic wonder. Therefore I don't think I am biased toward one over the other; I've thought of selling both, but...

The sound between the two is so similar. I have a BSEQ midi file I made from my previous Korg iX300. I have it maximized for GM. I listened to the song coming from the same amp at alternate times. The sonic differences are microscopic. I would say that most sounds are pretty equal, although I do like the Y saxes and the R horns.

What a shame that Yamaha chooses to house their mid and upper level arrangers in cheesy plastic. Yes, they are lighter, but they look like something from Wal-Mart, not the music store. And the keybed is way to small. But that makes them less expensive - umh...

I give lots of credit to those who play theses Yamahas daily, as I personally am not enamored with their looks or feel. But once you put them thru an amp, they sound as good as any Roland.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Roland only because of styling - not always the best reason to buy.