The Same but Different ! ?

Posted by: cassp

The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 02:51 PM

I now own both the G70 behemoth and the PSR300 plastic wonder. Therefore I don't think I am biased toward one over the other; I've thought of selling both, but...

The sound between the two is so similar. I have a BSEQ midi file I made from my previous Korg iX300. I have it maximized for GM. I listened to the song coming from the same amp at alternate times. The sonic differences are microscopic. I would say that most sounds are pretty equal, although I do like the Y saxes and the R horns.

What a shame that Yamaha chooses to house their mid and upper level arrangers in cheesy plastic. Yes, they are lighter, but they look like something from Wal-Mart, not the music store. And the keybed is way to small. But that makes them less expensive - umh...

I give lots of credit to those who play theses Yamahas daily, as I personally am not enamored with their looks or feel. But once you put them thru an amp, they sound as good as any Roland.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Roland only because of styling - not always the best reason to buy.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 03:22 PM

I gotta agree with you cassp...the Yamaha plastic cabinets aren't the most robust you'll find, but it does keep them very light, and my old 3k went through countless gigs and rigorous home playing and never gave a hiccup.

As far as the cheap plastic looks, the audience doesn't care as long as you can cook with it and make them happy.

Through a good set of speakers, most of the mid and TOTL arrangers will sound great...it then boils down to an OS you can live with and a weight/size you can tolerate for your type of gigging schedule.

Ian
Posted by: Dnj

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 04:21 PM

SOMBEODY PLEASE BRING BACK BLACK ARRANGER KEYBOARDS!
Posted by: moldmaker

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[b]SOMBEODY PLEASE BRING BACK BLACK ARRANGER KEYBOARDS!

[/B]

Amen to that!
Posted by: Diki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 05:28 PM

You wouldn't be saying that if you played outside in the sunshine!

Me, I like those red Nord's...
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 06:23 PM

Fortunately, no one seems to care about the color of your keyboard--only the music you produce. I think a white keyboard would look neat, but it would be tough to keep clean. I've seen a few white grand pianos and really liked the appearance. Of course, there's always a can of Krylon around the house and you could then spray the keyboard any color you like.

Cheers,

Gary

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 06:27 PM

Oh I miss my old VOX CONTINENTAL

Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 06:45 PM

Hi Cassp,
are you actually planning on changing???

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cassp:
[B]I now own both the G70 behemoth and the PSR300 plastic wonder. Therefore I don't think I am biased toward one over the other; I've thought of selling both, but...
Posted by: zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 07:35 PM

Just finished with 6 out of town jobs in 2 days. The 900 performed brilliantly. The audience loved the sleek look and fabulous sound and really didn't think it looked cheap. It's how you present things I guess. They love it because I talk it up.

I can't understand some forum members' dislike with the plastic and smaller footprint. That board is an absolute dream to play and navigate live. It's hard to imagine another board being as fluid in its functions. I am afraid to wander....

I had a VA76 for a while and the keys were great. But that dinosaur weight just was not my cup of tea.

Even auto makers have opted for plastic vs metal to reduce the overall cost and better mileage for the consumer.

I'll take the lower cost and wear and tear on my body.

I guess that's why it makes us all so different and interesting.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/15/07 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Just finished with 6 out of town jobs in 2 days. The 900 performed brilliantly. The audience loved the sleek look and fabulous sound and really didn't think it looked cheap. It's how you present things I guess. They love it because I talk it up.

I can't understand some forum members' dislike with the plastic and smaller footprint. That board is an absolute dream to play and navigate live. It's hard to imagine another board being as fluid in its functions. I am afraid to wander....

I had a VA76 for a while and the keys were great. But that dinosaur weight just was not my cup of tea.

Even auto makers have opted for plastic vs metal to reduce the overall cost and better mileage for the consumer.

I'll take the lower cost, with little wear and tear on my body.

I guess that's why it makes us all so different and interesting.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]Hi Cassp,
are you actually planning on changing???

best wishes
Rikki

Seriously, I can't decide right now. After doing the A/B on the two boards it would seem silly to keep both. If I keep one it will probably be the 3K and that will make room for some other type of keyboard.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-16-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 08:03 AM

I'm seriously thinking about trading in my 900 for (2) 700's in order to streamline my system. After a month, I'll not use the text, audio and video out. I might miss a few sounds, but the 700 might be good enough for what I do. I'm going to take my 900 stick to a 700 and see how it goes first.

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 08:09 AM

Never mind.......no mic in

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 08:12 AM

Quote:
I'm seriously thinking about trading in my 900,That board is an absolute dream to play and navigate live. It's hard to imagine another board being as fluid in its functions

Zuki.....didnt you just get it?
Whats happening?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-16-2007).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 01:53 PM

Cassp... just wondering if you ever play with SMFs...?

76 keys makes life a LOT easier (full piano parts, more room on splits, three zones, etc.) as long as you are not tying up your LH just playing chords in a 2 octave section...

Although these things are 'primarily' arrangers, they have close to full workstation capabilities, and unless you are a 'strict' arranger only performer, I've LONG held that ONE 76 can be as good as two 61's, and far superior to just one 61...

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 02:12 PM

Diki... Most of my music is SMF. I realize the advantage of 76 keys, but I can manage with 61. I've run my SMFs thru a SC88 lately, but have successfully used the G70 and the 3k as sound sources while still playing along. I usually use the piano or organ modes as a full board while the SMFs play.

There are so many trade-offs when choosing a keyboard that focusing on just one feature is not fair for comparison. As I said, I think Roland has it hands down when it comes to styling and keyboard, but Yamaha has equal fidelity with much less weight.

If I sell the G70, another 76-note board may well replace it (maybe something RED )

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-16-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 07:45 PM

Quote:

Zuki.....didnt you just get it?
Whats happening?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-16-2007).]

Hold on to your hats. A big change is forthcoming....

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/16/07 09:26 PM

Quote:
Hold on to your hats. A big change is forthcoming....
zuki

This is getting Exciting....HURRY!

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/17/07 09:17 AM

Does it involve my G70 ? ? ?

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/17/07 10:49 AM

Cass - afraid not! When it's final, I'll let you know what I've gone to. Hope I haven't made a mistake, but I'm really getting excited.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 03:05 AM

Quote:
When it's final, I'll let you know what I've gone to. Hope I haven't made a mistake, but I'm really getting excited.
zuki

Well Jim, I'm getting excited too...reminds me of the day I got my divorce.

This should be interesting.

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 03:10 PM

Ian,

Hope I'm not making a huge mistake. The 900 is a remarkable board and sounds sooooo good live through my Eons. The medleys flow so perfectly and the simple arrangements (styles) are what I'm thinking I'll not find elsewhere. When I speak of another board to my audience, they think I'm crazy

zuki the experimenter

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 04:09 PM

Quote:
Ian,

Hope I'm not making a huge mistake. The 900 is a remarkable board and sounds sooooo good live through my Eons. The medleys flow so perfectly and the simple arrangements (styles) are what I'm thinking I'll not find elsewhere. When I speak of another board to my audience, they think I'm crazy

zuki the experimenter

Is there any way of trying this new instrument without relinquishing your S900 until you are sure you want to make the change?

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 04:57 PM

Unfortunately, I sold my 900 and await my new board next week. I have to literally play by the seat of my pants while I learn it. I'll have to pull all nighters to put my songs in registration, in a completely different format - yikes

I'm not divulging the info just in case I don't like it and have to ditch it fast (and I will).

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 05:16 PM

Wow! I've had to do that on some clinics where a new keyboard arrived at the store the same time I did...but I was was dealing with a Yamaha OS that was pretty much the same from year to year and model to model.

You certainly like living on the edge, Jim...my guess it's a Korg or Roland(what else!)since you say the format is different.

Whatever it is...good luck!

Ian the Mystified

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:17 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I sold my 900 and await my new board next week. I have to literally play by the seat of my pants while I learn it. I'll have to pull all nighters to put my songs in registration, in a completely different format - yikes

I'm not divulging the info just in case I don't like it and have to ditch it fast (and I will).

zuki

Zuki I never thought you would keep the s900 at least you were lucky enough to get a good one on the first shot....
so what the big secret fess up boy....
what ya get now?

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:24 PM

Quote:
Zuki I never thought you would keep the s900 at least you were lucky enough to get a good one on the first shot....
so what the big secret fess up boy....
what ya get now?

I guess this statement by Zuki must have clued you in....

"Just finished with 6 out of town jobs in 2 days. The 900 performed brilliantly. The audience loved the sleek look and fabulous sound and really didn't think it looked cheap. It's how you present things I guess. They love it because I talk it up.
I can't understand some forum members' dislike with the plastic and smaller footprint. That board is an absolute dream to play and navigate live. It's hard to imagine another board being as fluid in its functions. I am afraid to wander...."

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:32 PM

Hi Cassp,
not neccesarily an arranger then??
or are you pulling our leg about the color??

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

If I sell the G70, another 76-note board may well replace it (maybe something RED )

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I guess this statement by Zuki must have clued you in....

Ian

Excactly ....thats why I knew he'd dump it asap.......

the braggin dont impress me.....

I still consider Zuki my finicky friend

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Cassp,
not neccesarily an arranger then??
or are you pulling our leg about the color??

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

Mmmm...could be a Nord Stage 76?

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:55 PM

"Around & Around We Go"

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 06:58 PM

Quote:
Excactly ....thats why I knew he'd dump it asap.......

the braggin dont impress me.....

I still consider Zuki my finicky friend

Wow! Your powers of perception are amazing... and it is nice to see you in an unfinicky state and happy with your present arranger.

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:00 PM

Ian....dont you see?

Thats because Ive found the best

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:05 PM

Hi Zuki,
don't know about Zuki The Experimenter, sounds more like "Zuki The Brave".

Wow, were you actually planning on replacing the S900 anyway? It had slipped my mind that you had bought one.

Gather you don't want to let us in on what it is just in case it doesn't work out. Saves all the hassles & taunts of of explaining why you didn't keep it.

Funny, we all get congratulated on our new choice of board, but then when for what ever reason , it doesn't work out, & we sell it, sometimes people with the same board seem to get offended.

Personally I'd sooner know what it was about the board the owner didn't like & why it didn't suit, as not everyone has the same requirements.

It also appears that quite a few members actually have to buy keyboards sight unseen & depend on reviews by others.

Anyway Zuki, if you change your mind, undoubtably WE'RE ALL EARS . haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zuki:
[B]Unfortunately, I sold my 900 and await my new board next week.

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:06 PM

Yep, Donny, the PA-800 is certainly one of the better home arrangers...glad you like it...I haven't tried one yet, but hopefully when my buddy gets back from Toronto next week, he'll have one for me to examine.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to clue him in on checking for the latest OS.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-19-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:29 PM

Ian you'll hate it......it needs days to demo & submerge yourself...
why waste your time

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:42 PM

Quote:
Ian you'll hate it......it needs days to demo & submerge yourself...
why waste your time

No Donny, I won't hate it..."hate" is such a strong word...but it will be interesting to check it out...that's if he even gets it after trying it out....it's gotta impress him first.

That's why I wanted him to make sure it had the latest upgrade since the earlier one was not the best.

I'm especially curious to check out the style fills and I made sure that he listens carefully to them as well during his try out.

I won't need days to make a good evaluation...just a few hours...it is not any more complicated than the E-80, or my S900...just a little different.

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 07:55 PM

Ian we all await your in depth review of teh pa800 for sure....hurry

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:07 PM

Quote:
Ian we all await your in depth review of teh pa800 for sure....hurry

"Hurry" never created a masterpiece, Donny, so I'd prefer to take my time.

I really liked the E-80 I spent several hours with a while ago...if I had the bucks I MIGHT consider having it here to compliment my S900...but, being on disability and working only part time, I can't swing anything new.

Just keeping the house heated (winters coming) and having a bit of food on the table will be my priorities.

Maybe in the new year.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-19-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:15 PM

OK, I'll fess up smile I will soon have the PA800 for the following reasons:

1. Vocal harmonizer: I need to incorporate into my act and felt this was the best chance to do material I'm currently not doing.
2. Acoustic piano: Looking for a different sound for a change.
3. Drums: More and more rooms are seeking the younger stuff and I feel this board will offer more opportunities.
4. Organs: I've always loved the Korg organs.
5. Songbook: Definitely interested in using this tool for live play.
6. Respected opinions of others on this forum who have raved about it.

All said, the S900 is an absolutely terrific board. If the 800 doesn't meet my expectations, I will immediately go to GC and grab another 900.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:18 PM

Thanks Ian,
so there is such a thing as a brightly colored board, I thought maybe i was being gullible haahaa.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Mmmm...could be a Nord Stage 76?

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:28 PM

Hi Zuki,
congratulations.
I hope it works out for you.

best wishes
rikki

[B]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:42 PM

Quote:
OK, I'll fess up I will soon have the PA800 for the following reasons:

1. Vocal harmonizer: I need to incorporate into my act and felt this was the best chance to do material I'm currently not doing.
2. Acoustic piano: Looking for a different sound for a change.
3. Drums: More and more rooms are seeking the younger stuff and I feel this board will offer more opportunities.
4. Organs: I've always loved the Korg organs.
5. Songbook: Definitely interested in using this tool for live play.
6. Respected opinions of others on this forum who have raved about it.

All said, the S900 is an absolutely terrific board. If the 800 doesn't meet my expectations, I will immediately go to GC and grab another 900.

zuki

Hey Jim, that's terrific...maybe we'll both be reviewing the PA-800 next week...should be interesting.

Good luck, with the new 'board.

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/19/07 08:47 PM

Thanks everyone

Ian, wish I could get up there to some cool weather (lived in MI for 20 years) and explore the (2) boards together - that would be a blast.

Looking forward to your analysis.

zuki the nervous one

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 12:16 AM

Hi Zuki,
there's actually a pc Songbook Editor you can download from the Korg site.
I haven't played around with the songbook yet, but I gather it's an alternative to doing it on the keyboard itself.
http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_soft.html?en

I have a backup file of the songbook in it's original form from my keyboard. I think it lists approx 300 songs.
If you like I could email you a copy.
Give you a rough idea of the songs & styles used.

If you're interested email me
rikkisbears@hotmail.com

best wishes
Rikki
[B]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:01 AM

Thanks Rikki.

I know I'll be asking questions (as usual) in the weeks ahead. Your 800 review, as well as others, swayed me in to trying this board. I look forward to digging deep to see if it's truly the blue marvel

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:05 AM

So Zuki you finally saw the light eh?

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:34 AM

Quote:
So Zuki you finally saw the light eh?

Seeing the light and embracing it are two different things...time will tell, although, I think Jim will like the PA-800, as will I...it's just a matter of how much.

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:42 AM

I predict zuki will be purchasing my G70 before Thanksgiving - if I keep it that long .

psst... in case you haven't noticed, interested parties should email me;

AND rikki, yes, there are a number of RED keyboards out there, Nord and CME have them. I'm not strictly an arranger player, so other keyboards are always in play.

------------------
www.cassponline.com/

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:43 AM

Rikki,

Yes! Please email me the songbook list.

Thanks, zuki

cjherrmann650@cs.com

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 07:56 AM

Quote:
Seeing the light and embracing it are two different things...time will tell, although, I think Jim will like the PA-800, as will I...it's just a matter of how much.

Ian

ian your wearing the WINKY out!

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 08:17 AM

Quote:
ian your wearing the WINKY out!

Thanks Donny, I do have another I can alternate with...

Your little gangreen smiley is getting a bit long in the tooth as well....but we gotta use these things so people won't misunderstand and be gravely offended.

Ian

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I predict zuki will be purchasing my G70 before Thanksgiving - if I keep it that long .

Naw, not a chance my friend. Don't wish to deal with the weight issue. Besides, like UD, I insist on speakers

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 05:28 PM

Hi Cassp,
goes to show how out of touch I am with the pro gear. Most of stuff I used to have was plain boring black. haahaa
I avoid the pro shops like the plague nowadays . Just too, too tempting. Soundmodules , synths , workstations software. Took every ounce of self control to walk in , checkout the PA800 (only) buy it & leave.

Fortunately over here Rolands, Ketron & high end Yamaha's are mainly sold thru piano stores. Piano's are less of a temptation as I already own one. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
AND rikki, yes, there are a number of RED keyboards out there, Nord and CME have them. I'm not strictly an arranger player, so other keyboards are always in play.

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:35 PM

Hi Zuki,
done. If it didn't come thru, please let me know.
best wishes
rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-20-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 06:46 PM

Rikki,

Thank you. Came through fine. Just home from a double. Can't wait to get everything organized next week.

I fessed up to the wife and now have the couch tonight

zuki
Posted by: miden

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 07:24 PM

Zuki,
the songbook editor available for Korg is a great tool for re-organising your songbook entries, including your setlists..BUT it is essentially just an excel type program and you cannot edit actual songbook files settings, you will need to do that on the PA itself..you might have already known that, but if not i hope that helps.
cheers
dennis

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 07:26 PM

Thanks Dennis

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 07:47 PM

Nope, couldn't open the extension on my computer Rikki.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 08:10 PM

Hi Dennis,
I only found the editor a couple of days ago
What exactly can you do with it?

I noticed I can edit song names.
But I gather you can't add additional entries?? or alter tempo's, stuff like that.

I thought it might come in handy for Zuki to have a look thru. Maybe there's already some song titles he uses. Mainly just to get a feel of things.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 08:22 PM

Oh no Zuki.
Did you forget to study Chas's guide to
Gear Acquisition & Marriage
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016360.html

Actually my PA is probably the most expensive keyboard I've ever bought, it included a new convertible for hubby (&me)
Him :new car
Me :new keyboard

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Rikki,

I fessed up to the wife and now have the couch tonight

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 08:22 PM

hi rikki,
I found it extremely useful in re-ordering songs, or adding/changing genre info,composer, band etc etcand for setting up playlists and re-arranging the order etc etc.
Essentially its a "list editor" and anything that requires you to change a instrument, the resource file MP3/midi for eg, alter harmony settings, etc etc etc all these have to be done on the PA itself...i always find it much easier editing text on a PC rather than on keyboards and this program is excellent for waht it does....there is available somewhere (maybe on irish acts downloads) an amended songbook listing that changes all the factory listed songbook entries from gobbledygook to the real name..i found that useful, even if most of the songs i would never do..
cheers,
dennis

PS just thought of another one,this one at korgpa.com...its a list of several hundred songs and the recommended arranger style to use on the PA's...you might find it useful...from memory its under the Musicians Corner section i think...

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-20-2007).]

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-20-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 08:32 PM

Hi Dennis,
I haven't actually gotten round to using it yet.

I can't afford to get too involved in anything at the moment. We're heading off to Melbourne in a couple of days, for a week or so, to visit the family. About the only thing I can hope to fit in the new convertible is the PA800 manual, I'll sneak it into the luggage. Doesn't make for good company if all I have on the brain is my keyboard. haa haa

Thank you for the info

best wishes
Rikki
[B]hi rikki,

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/20/07 10:12 PM

Hi Zuki,
unzip file.
When you open the file in song book software,
you bring up the main folder "Songbook.set"
NOT the "songbook" folder inside ..

Basically
when you get the Browse for Folder Pop Up
(at the top it says "Select a ".set" folder to read from")

at the bottom where it says
Folder: ( you choose) songbook.set

Hope I'm making sense.

If still not working maybe the file got corrupted when I zipped it.

best wishes
rikki
Quote:
Nope, couldn't open the extension on my computer Rikki.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 07:25 AM

Rikki -

hmmmmmmm....if I can't do this, then God help me with my keyboard

I guess I don't have the software program on my computer you talked about. All I have is the set folder you emailed??

I read Chas marriage thread, but she won't!

You should really take your keys with you, or might have withdrawal in front of the family

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 07:28 AM

I want to thank you all for hijacking the thread. I've never had a thread with so many posts.

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 07:32 AM

I do it all within the Pa800 its so easy....editor shmeditor

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 02:20 PM

Hi Zuki,
the SongBook Editor "software" is available on the Korg Site ( near bottom of page) http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_soft.html?en
Then you load the "songbook.set " file I sent you into it.
Don't worry, I probably didnt make myself very clear.
best wishes
Rikki

p.s. as Donny says, it can all be done in the PA800 anyway, just something to look at while you were waiting for your keyboard.
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-21-2007).]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-21-2007).]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 02:29 PM

OK Rikki - got it now. Thanks

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 03:40 PM

yes rikki, it can be done on the pa, but editing the songbook file is much MUCH easier on the PC, trust me!!!! So much so that all I did on my PA1xpro was to just setup the songs, and just save them in a very adhoc fashion, quickly transfer the songbook file via usb, edit it to the exact parameters I wanted and then just as quickly transfer it back...Oh and I remember another trick too..(i assume it has carried over to the PA800 as well)...now this in not in the manual but did you know the PA1xpro could still respond to midi data, even when in USB mode? the only drawback was that the only "live" sound you had was the last one selected(upper 1,2,3 or lower) just prior to going into USB mode..I found this useful when editing midi files from Sonar, as I could edit them, hear them and the re-save back to the hard drive on the PA1x without having to constantly go in and out of USB mode..
just thought I'd mention it.
cheers
dennis

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 09:39 PM

Thanks Dennis,
i'll do a print up of what you just said. I'm in the middle of packing for tomorrow.
I'm all but banned from the keyboard at the moment haahaa. He's had to dash out for a while, quick chance to catch up on the forums.
Thanks for the info.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 09:40 PM

Quote:

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 09:40 PM

Quote:

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/21/07 09:41 PM

Hi Zuki,
that's great.

Also , big apology to Cassp for hijacking his thread.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/22/07 06:55 AM

Rikki - ordered the EC-5 now. Going all out for this keyboard. I'm hoping I can assign the sustain to this pedal also.

zuki

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/22/07 01:09 PM

you can

Re: The Same but Different ! ? - 10/22/07 01:43 PM

Zuki read page 304 of the pa800 manual for EC5 pedal assignments....