Interesting the different IMO over expectations we all have about keyboards. It's almost ludicrous to me that we all expect with our different tastes, genres and ears that a keyboard be perfect for everyone out of the box. How is that possible?

One person says I like a heavy thumpy bass for my genre and the next says, what I want is a lite one. So again, how can we expect a board out of the box to be perfectly setup?

In reality what we should expect is a board to be middle of the road out of the box and needs to be tweeked to our personal liking. I'm thankful the boards are made to be tweeked for this purpose. I really am not a tweeker, but expect that I am going to have to do something to get the sound I want. The ability to do this is one of the reasons I buy the higher end boards.

Secondly, again IMO we might be a bit too quick to jump all over a company and the board without even trying to resolve the problem. Instead we post a negative thing claiming there is a board fault and what knotheads companies are for producing such a piece of junk, when in reality there is an onboard fix, if we just look for it.

I for one love the Tyros and think it has great possibilities and the best board I have owned. Is it perfect? NO it isn't, but then I didn't expect perfect and maybe is why I am not at all disappointed with it.

And on par so far, I still do not see any real problems occurring compared to the other boards we have been talking about here.

I think Yammy did a great job with this board, but then again I start from a "the glass is half full" frame of mind.

If I find REAL faults with this board I'll be all over Yammy, but I will at least look and read to see if there is a way of resolving it before I do.

"Ya gotta actenuate the positive eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. in between."
jam on,
Terry

------------------
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-24-2002).]